PDA

View Full Version : Rules Rejection

bstaplet
06-29-2012, 04:46 PM
When a customer tries to send an email to one of our employees it is getting rejected. The message they are getting is:

"You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <from user email address #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 Message cannot be accepted, rules rejection>

Below is an excerpt from the Merak smtp log

72.172.3.77 [0230] 09:40:59 *** <from address (kelli@hardcastle-construction.com)> <to address (o@inetblue.com)> 1 2486 00:00:00 FILTER NWR48958
72.172.3.77 [0230] 09:40:59 >>> 554 5.7.1 Message cannot be accepted, rules rejection
72.172.3.77 [0230] 09:40:59 <<< QUIT

I don't see the names of any of my content filters or rules listed in the log. The only reference is "FILTER NWR48958". How do determine what rule or content filter is blocking this customer's emails?

Thank you.

marciohumpris
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Hi,

I believe I know why. The rules don't have a title. At least in newer versions it does inform what RULE it was, both on SMTP and Antispam log (in debug mode). So unfortunately you have to disable all customer's rules, give it 1 more shot. If it doesnt help to disable all customer's rules, then check the global rules in Mail/Rules/Rules and disable them also and give it 1 more show. You can refeed the message that is being rejected, if you have it (if not add some content filter or some rule at the top to copy all msgs received to some account) using SMTP Traffic tool, available for download at icewarp site (downloads/tools).

An idea came to me.

1) Suggest icewarp to NOT let people add rules in webmail without a title. In the console at least alert admin that there should be a title when creating rules.

2) Other idea is, if there's o rule title, the error could specify possibly in what line of filter.dat is the rule that caused the rejection.

What do you think? We can move a topic regarding this to feature requests.

Good luck.

Regards

marciohumpris
07-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi, bstaplet

Did you have luck?

Just FYI, passed these tips/suggestions to icewarp, to make rule title mandatory in WC, avoid this somehow.

Regards