+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Install Issues

New Install Issues

Hi all,

I am trying to stand up a new instance of the server. I have created in VMware:
    1. Win 2012r2 server
    2. webdocument server

Both are giving me fits...
    1. the win server keeps giving me the "api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll" missing message when it tries to install/run PHP. And, when I try to install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 I get an error. the Visual Studio 2013 package is installed...

2. The VMware image does not load into 6.5 through the html5 interface. There is no vsphere client for 6.5 either. Extracting the files from the ova file did not work and when I extracted that file and tried the ovf and vmdk files it also failed. So I had to create a Debian server and load the files. That took a really long time and I am still not sure it worked. because, I can't get the server to install cleanly into server 2012r2...

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill
    Last edited by wdallen504; 1 Week Ago at 11:24 PM.

Finally success... the road was rough but we got through it...lol

I tried reinstalling the C++ package and did a "Repair" on it and it came back successful. It seems to be working ok. So the 2012r2 looks ok right now.

As for the Debian 9.6.0.... I have had a lot of issues with that one...(Novice!!) anyway, I found out why my attempts at standing up the web-documents server kept failing. I did not realize that you should NOT do an "apt-get update" until all the "deb" sources have been entered and all the installs were complete.

Once I realized that, I only did the update and upgrade AFTER everything was installed through the keyserver instructions. Once that was done I installed the icewarp web-documents and it finished the install correctly without any errors.

Lastly, for some reason the icewarp server would not connect to the web-document server using the IP address I assigned it. It did work when I put the qualified name I assigned to the web-document server (in my Nameservers DNS) into the "webdocument server connection" section under groupware-webclentwebdocuments.

+ Reply to Thread