+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TeamChat DB Configuration for 12.1.1

TeamChat DB Configuration for 12.1.1

So for the last few days I have been testing a server in prep for upgrading to 12.1.1, currently running 12.0.4.

I would like to enable TeamChat for which we have a license now but no matter what I do I can never get IceWarp to connect to MySQL (Community Edition)

gw.jpg

I added the libmysql.dll to the IceWarp dir but I'm still not able to get the system to connect to the DB. Above is the image after adding the DLL. I have been racking my brain with this all day and still no closer to figuring it out. I can't seem to find teh documentation for the migration from SQLlite to MySQL or any other DB software for that matter.

I am also (finally) upgrading my server... from v11 to 12.1.1.1. I have used MSSql for the last 10 years and had no issues. My sql servers are 2005 and I will be testing newer ones. But I have never had an issue with them once they were set up. MySQL has always given me fits for some reason. Probably because I an a novice with it. So I would like to hear back what you find out and what you did to resolve your issue.

Good Luck.

Bill

So after some testing on a dev server and finally getting the nerve up to upgrade live everything seems to be working fine. One of the support agents were able to point me to the bitlibmysql.dll file I needed. However one thing that I had to do was use MySQl 5.5.64.

I have not used any current builds of MySQl and I would love to know if you do try are you able to get this to work. I received an error when migrating the DB from sqllite to MySQL when it was processing the 'Tickets' table. This was on the live server. I started comparing my dev DB to the Live DB and all the tables were there and seem to be the exact same so I tested using the new DB and it seemed to work fine. Ran with Extended logs for a few days and snapshot every few hrs. Its now been a week and things seem fine.

If you do use a newer ver of MySQL I would love to know how it goes and if you are successful. Hope things work out and to hear from you of your success.

## Article with x64 x86 bitlibmysql.dll
    https://support.icewarp.com/hc/en-us...ssaging-Server

So after some testing on a dev server and finally getting the nerve up to upgrade live everything seems to be working fine. One of the support agents were able to point me to the bitlibmysql.dll file I needed. However one thing that I had to do was use MySQl 5.5.64.

I have not used any current builds of MySQl and I would love to know if you do try are you able to get this to work. I received an error when migrating the DB from sqllite to MySQL when it was processing the 'Tickets' table. This was on the live server. I started comparing my dev DB to the Live DB and all the tables were there and seem to be the exact same so I tested using the new DB and it seemed to work fine. Ran with Extended logs for a few days and snapshot every few hrs. Its now been a week and things seem fine.

If you do use a newer ver of MySQL I would love to know how it goes and if you are successful. Hope things work out and to hear from you of your success.

Quote Originally Posted by wdallen504 View Post
    I am also (finally) upgrading my server... from v11 to 12.1.1.1. I have used MSSql for the last 10 years and had no issues. My sql servers are 2005 and I will be testing newer ones. But I have never had an issue with them once they were set up. MySQL has always given me fits for some reason. Probably because I an a novice with it. So I would like to hear back what you find out and what you did to resolve your issue.

Good Luck.

Bill

+ Reply to Thread